Jehovah Jireh
"The Lord Provides"
Lately "Papa God" has been interacting with me in such a Fatherly way!
On Friday I put this picture on Facebook, wondering which one of these special friends would be joining me in my new home in Southeast Asia.
Many FB friends had quirky responses, especially about poor Tom on the right, who has so obviously had many years of love squeezed into him.
Then coming home from a wedding on Saturday I had quite a lot of time to think about the various exciting events going on in my life, one of which being this serious decision of which stuffy to bring overseas with me! :)
I still hadn't come up with a reasonable conclusion. I was also wondering if I should bring any at all for fear of losing one or having some other tragic incident happen which would leave me stuffy-less!
As we got closer to home, we decided to make a quick stop at Target. My friend and I were having a great discussion about the Lord's provision in our lives... how ALL things come from Him and we are desperately dependent on a wonderfully giving FATHER who will provide for all of our needs according to the glorious riches in CHRIST JESUS! [Phil 4:19]
So we pulled into our parking spot and what did we see in the very spot we pulled into?
This little guy- just waiting for me to show up. I stopped, stared, pointed... and laughed. I knew the Lord was giving me a stuffy to take to SE Asia! (That or I stole it from some poor kid who was about to come back for it...)
The miserable looking creature in the top picture is Tom, my very first stuffy. I named him after my dad, Tom Harmer.
My new travel buddy's name is Jireh, named after my FATHER, Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides.


That is awesome! Papa is awesome! יהוה יראה
ReplyDeleteYahweh Yireh
that's whats up- I love it.... "(That or I stole it from some poor kid who was about to come back for it...)" I hope that wasn't the case. LOL... literally out loud ; )
ReplyDeleteOur Father is beyond words!