Quick Update

It has been a week and a half since we came to the Island! We arrived safely last Monday after over 24 hours of traveling and one night in a hostel.

Pak D greeted us at the airport with a big smile and hugs for all of us. We knew where we were going wouldn't allow physical contact between men and women, so we were thankful for Pak's tenderness in giving us hugs while he could!

These first couple weeks are set apart for orientation. We have learned quite a few words to get around, mostly to use public transportation, go shopping, and order food. We make quite a scene walking around our neighborhood. The people aren't used to seeing so many foreigners!

Language classes will start next week! I'm thankful that we will have time set apart specifically for language learning... The other day I accidentally said, "Congratulations!" to the bus driver instead of "Thanks!" I hoped he understood what I meant... :)

Using the bathroom is quite an adjustment. Our house doesn't have a toilet or shower. We get quite a workout using our little squatty potty. Soon we will have legs of steel.


I am enjoying the food, although the heat makes it hard to have much of an appetite. So far we have eaten mostly spicy chicken or fish and rice.


Today is Hana's birthday and we are taking her out for Indian Food.


Thank you all for your continued love and support! Please pr for me as I adjust to my new surroundings and continue to look for opportunities to share the love of Y. I will update more soon!

Comments

  1. Christie Ann! Congratulations for the update! ;)
    You're gonna have legs of steel haha :)
    I sure do miss you, at Bethany the other day I was saying hi to people and thought for a brief second, oh and where's Christie? :(
    I miss you a lot and love you a lottt!!!!
    LOVE the updates :) (thanks haha)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts