Setiap Senin [Each Monday]

Every Monday morning the girls and I go to the pasar [local market].

This is one of my favorite times of the week.


We like to go pagi-pagi [early in the morning], around 6am.


We walk to the street and wait for the yellow angkot to come.


I always wear my "pasar shoes" because the floor is soo yucky!


Usually, the pasar is very ramai [crowded].


This is our favorite vegetable Pak. Other places we have to barter for a good price, but Pak always gives us the best deal!


Here is the Ibu we buy fruit from...


...and the Mas we buy chicken from.


Sometimes we buy special treats.


But the best part of the pasar is taking time for breakfast. This is my favorite meal- perata telur dan kopi susu es. [Egg-filled bread and curry sauce with iced coffee and milk].


We usually buy enough fruit and vegetables to last us until the following Monday but somehow or another we end up at the pasar at least once more during the week. I think it's the perata and coffee...

Comments

  1. Christie Ann that looks so good!!!! I would like to eat that very much! :)
    It is exciting seeing pictures, I'm so glad you are able to post pics as often as you do. I loved getting a taste of how smart you are now that you know another language! Well, smartER. :)
    Oh I miss you so much and I think of you alll the time! Loved reading this and hopefully we can skype soon!
    LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts